Writing a Book Report
Book Report Tips: Get Professional Help from Expert Writers
It may be tough and challenging to write a successful and effective book report. Therefore, keeping it in mind, we have provided a list of book report tips that will help you cope with book report writing assignments. Book report writing can be tiresome and complicated, as it requires analytical and critical thinking and in-depth analysis of the given literary work. Besides, book report writing can be tough in regards to time given for completing the task. Since students have to cope with plenty of assignments in other academic disciplines, it can be difficult to work on a book report consistently. Sometimes, students may not have enough time to read the book for report writing. All in all, when you are required to write a book report, you are expected to present the following information: introduce the author, provide brief background information on the book and core events, discuss the major topics, themes, and motifs, focus on the storyline, and discuss the characters’ place in the book. All of these paper sections should be written in an objective manner without focusing on your personal opinion.
Where to Order a Book Report
In the guide below, we will provide book report tips as well as detailed information on how to order a book report from the top-rated custom writing company – WritingsCentre.com.
Our company can not only provide book reports of different academic levels but also assist you with giving book report tips on successful and elegant writing. Read on to find further information about the core techniques needed to submit a book report.
What Is Book Report Writing?
Book reports are classified into informative types of academic writing. In order not to confuse book reports with book reviews, it is important to take the following principles into consideration. Read on and find out the main points of comparison and contrast between reviews and reports.
Book reviews belong to critical and analytical pieces of writing. When a student needs to provide a review of a read article or book, he/ she is expected to write an analytical account of the literary piece alongside providing a brief summary of the content. Moreover, it is equally important to evaluate the book and provide a personal opinion on whether you consider it to be worth reading.
On the other hand, book reports mainly relate to providing summaries on books, articles or other literary works instead of analyzing them. As a rule, book report assignments are easier and are assigned to high school students. The length of a book report varies from one to five pages on average. Book report writing helps students to practice their communication and analytical skills and learn how to provide objective discussions.
Elements of a Book Report
1. Summary of the plot/ storyline
2. Analysis of the main theme;
3. Analysis of the story characters (or one character).
Regardless of the book report type, make sure to include the following points:
1. Main details about the book. Particularly, mention who the author is, what the date of publication is, etc.
2. Provide background information regarding the story (time, location, and other specifics).
3. Narrate main information about setting and introduce the target reader to the main characters.
4. Make sure to provide descriptive and illustrative information regarding the book. Include direct quotes as supporting evidence for the claims you make.
Book Report Writing Steps
1) Choose a book or an article you will write a report. If it is hard to find a definite book, make sure to come up with a genre you would like to write on.
2) Start reading the book while paying special attention to the plot, storylines, characters, setting, etc. Make sure to jot down the most significant information. Highlight what aspects of the story draw your attention. Indicate why.
3) While reading, identify the core events, themes, motifs, and symbols.
4) Choose direct quotes that will be suitable for providing illustration and examples of the main points you make.
5) Organize your notes that you took while reading and think of how you can use them for paper development.
6) Switch over to the very writing stage: provide a plan or an outline of your paper structure.
7) In the introduction, make sure to provide brief and concise about the author, his/ her background, the reasons or motifs of writing the book, etc. Make sure you provide enough background information about the very book. Make sure to provide a short sentence, where you will explain the core idea of the literary work. At the end of the introductory paragraph, make sure to include a thesis statement.
8) Move on to the main body. Organize the body paragraphs according to the subtopics or specific ideas you would like to focus on. Throughout all body paragraphs, make sure to properly summarize the book by pointing out the core ideas or aspects regarding the plot. You may also provide some objective analytical remarks concerning the writer’s style and tone of writing, whatsoever.
9) In the conclusive paragraph, you may state your own opinion on whether you find the book worth reading, whether it has proven to be significant for you, and whether you can recommend it.
10) Make sure to revise the final cope in terms of editing and proofreading. Check on grammar, punctuation, transitions, modifiers, etc.
Book Report Writing for College
Commonly, college students get book report assignments frequently since this way; professors can evaluate their analytical and critical thinking. College book reports are more challenging than high school papers. In general, the overall structure of a college book report does not differ much from a high school book report however when writing the former you need to provide a critical analysis and evaluation apart from a mere summary. Besides, you need to be aware that you need to properly format the paper according to the specified styles.
When writing a book report, pay attention to the target audience. Keep in mind that it is necessary to provide a bibliography. It would be also interesting for a reader to know what events or circumstances led to the author’s creation of the literary work. In a book report, it is crucial to highlight the main subject of the book and formulate a strong and clear thesis statement. The report should include a summary of the book content as well as critical evaluation of the main topic with supporting evidence.
In general, book reviews and book reports are assignments that teach students how to compare and contrast specific literary works and critically analyze them. When writing such analytical papers, you learn how to structure your opinions in a better way, how to present arguments, and how to support them. If you are tired of your academic routine or simply have no idea how to start book report writing, rely on professional help from WritingsCentre.com.
Start by Writing an Introduction
Write the Body of the Report
The body section is where you should describe the story’s main parts e.g. its characters, plot, theme, setting, etc. After this, you can offer your opinion on the book.
Characters are the people in a story. A protagonist is the term given to the central character. Are there any other key characters? What is their relationship with the protagonist – are they a help or hindrance?
A plot is usually what occurs in a book or story. In your report, you should roughly describe what your chosen story is about. Is there a significant conflict or event? What events lead to this? What is the result? How does everything end? (Normally you should avoid describing the exact ending and you should try not to give away the story’s secrets.)
A book or story’s setting concerns the place the story is based or located in or the time it occurs in. Is your story set in the present time or in a bygone time? Is it set in some imaginary or fantasy place, in a different country, etc.? Does a lot or a little time pass in this story e.g. a whole lifetime, a year, just a day, or some other time period?
Take care that you do not re-tell the entire story in detail. Your report needs to cover other aspects. Hence, you should just include enough detail to allow the remainder of your book report to sound sensible. When your book has been summed-up, it is permissible to give your opinion on it.
Write a Concluding Paragraph
This paragraph just needs to comprise of one or two sentences to bring your book report to a conclusion. Sum up your overall thoughts and the key aspects you want to convey to other readers.
Our Book Report Writing Services
At WritingsCentre.com, we assist high school, college and university students to write book reports. We, at our custom writing services, believe that the qualification of writers will determine the quality of our custom writing service. We have a team of professionals that will guarantee top grades in your studies.
- Our team of writers is highly educated and experienced and is capable of providing your custom essay within 24 hours as per your instructions and your tutor’s expectations.
- Our custom writing service guarantees fully authentic essays that are free of plagiarism. Our assignments are delivered together with a plagiarism report as proof of originality.
- Our writing services guarantee confidentiality and your personal details will not be shared with third parties and your papers will not be put up for sale to other students.
A theme can be described as a story’s central idea. For example, a theme might concern how important friendship is, or how courage can help in challenging circumstances. Say what you believe the theme of your book is and why you think this.
Our prices may seem high, but this is due to our premium quality custom essay writing service. Our writers are hired on the basis of their academic records and experience and are drawn from US, UK, Canada and Australia, countries of high academic repute.
Premium quality is our main objective and we endeavor to hold on to some of the best custom book report writers in the industry. As our customer, your book report will be in the hands of highly skilled writers and you have every reason to turn to our site for professional reports writing.
We have a team of writers with impeccable academic records, the necessary writing experience and who are highly creative. This guarantees quality custom essays, written specifically for you according to your specifications and within the agreed time frame.
Full confidentiality is guaranteed and your paper will neither be put up for public viewing in the internet nor for sale to other students. Our writing is purely original and is not based on previously written essays since we do not maintain such a database. A free plagiarism report generated by some of the most up-to-date plagiarism detection software is provided with your essay.
Thousands of students worldwide have sought our assistance in improving their grades and custom book reports help is gaining a lot of ground. If you are looking for professional essay writing that is original and can match your academic level, then WritingsCentre.com is the right place to turn to. We have a large pool of satisfied customers who keep coming back to place new orders because they appreciate the difference in the quality of our work as compared to other sites.