How to Research
It is evident that all the academic written or oral assignments cannot be completed without thorough research. Take into consideration that even Albert Einstein, who was a genius and the Nobel Prize winner in Physics, based his scientific research on the previous discoveries and other scientific works. All your ideas, considerations or assumptions should be supported with corroborative facts, data, statistics, or pieces of evidence. Without detailed research, your piece of writing can be regarded as a real failure. If you follow all the useful tips and practical recommendations on how to research correctly and accordingly, you will be able to complete a good or even excellent research, dissertation or thesis on the chosen topic.
If you do not know how to research and what place you should refer to in order to conduct research, then the information given below will be useful for you. The most suitable place for doing any type of research is a common library situated at your college or university campus. However, do not forget that we are living in the era of the internet and that you can easily access any kind of information or material needed to prepare your research paper or other pieces of written assignments. For instance, you can register online and get access to an unlimited number of online libraries or various resources, such as articles, books, manuals, thesauri, guidebooks, and so on. You may also use such online resources as JSTOR, Google Scholar, Questia, ScienceDirect, and so on.
Practical and Essential Tips on how to Write a Research Paper:
- Prepare a detailed plan of your future research work.
- After you have chosen a topic for your research, start to look for up-to-date and relevant resources. Try to gather as many resources or materials as possible. You can use various recourses, such as printed (books, articles, manuals, guides, almanacs, etc.) or media (video or audio files, films, interviews, etc.). You can also consult with professionals or experts in the field of your research. Last but not least, you can always carry on your own observations or experiments to obtain the required information.
- Nowadays, a lot of libraries have online electronic catalogues of all the resources that they have at their disposal. Thus, if you prefer to work at home, you can choose this option whenever you need. For instance, it is very convenient to order a term paper, thesis or dissertation at the library and read or have a look at it when there is a necessity.
- If you decide to consult an expert or researcher, you should prepare everything in advance. When you have an interview with a professional, you should listen to him / her very attentively and make some notes or records not to omit the most significant information.
- If you make an observation or experiment on your own, do not give way to your emotions regarding the subject or object under study. Do not allow your emotions or expected results influence your interpretation of your research. While writing paper, you should stay as unbiased and objective as possible.
When you are writing a research paper, try to avoid the following mistakes:
- Failing to formulate the key aim, hypotheses and questions of your research.
- Poor understanding of the topic, as well as the material.
- Ignoring the copy-writes of other people. If you introduce the information or materials used by other people, you should always provide a reference in your research.
- Poor time management.
We hope that our tips on how to research will help you a lot in the future. If you have any questions, concerns or problems, WritingsCentre.com and our professionals will be very glad to assist you in writing your research, thesis, dissertation, or other written assignments.