Top-Notch Career Books to Read in 2018
Regardless of the fact whether you are still studying at college or university or already working, there are numerous new books to read in the sphere of career advancement and time management that can help you attain great professional success and persevere career goals. At this very moment, you might be focused either on moving up the career ladder, choosing your dream job or undergoing transition period in the professional sphere. Whatever your goals are, there are specific books that will make you smarter. Besides, the year has recently begun, which is the right point of doing something with your life concerning transformation and changes. Therefore, start working on what you have long craved for. We have designed a list of the best career books that will help you advance in your professional upgrade.
Best Career Books 2018
- What Color is Your Parachute 2018: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers. This book enjoys vast popularity among millions of readers across the globe. It has managed to draw attraction from people due to its form of a career guide, which help people get acquainted with numerous aspects of building a career and moving on with it. The book provides reflection on the current changes in culture, politics, and economy, which actually have a direct influence on the career choices.
- The Art of Work: A Proven Path to Discovering What You Were Meant to Do. This is one of the best books on finding your passion. If you are hesitating where to make this great start, reading this book is a must. The core idea conveyed by the author of the book Jeff Goins is that we feel value in what we do when our inner interests coincide with the interests of the world around us. The book is easy to read due to a great number of examples from personal experience, concrete cases, and contemporary research on talent, motivation, and innovations.
- Job Hunting: The Insider’s Guide to Job Hunting and Career Change: Learn How to Beat the Job Market, Write the Perfect Resume and Smash it at Interviews. If the process of looking for a job puts you under stress and severely intimidates you, then you won’t definitely regret abo reading this book. You will find outstanding advice on how to create an effective CV or a LinkedIn profile.
- Lean in for Graduates is another of the best business books to read for your career as it contains information on the interview practices, tips on job searching and resume writing.
- The Motivation Myth: How High Achievers Really Set Themselves Up to Win. If you feel that you need more motivation, then you should definitely read this book. Often people are mistaken when claiming that motivation is an innate asset and not everyone can be motivated to do a particular kind of task. Get to know that motivation is not a cause but rather a result of the process.
- The Quarter-Life Breakthrough: Invent Your Own Path, Find Meaningful Work, and Build a Life That Matters. Every adolescent experiences certain crisis periods in life where he/ she stands at the crossroads wondering what to do next and what choice to make. If this feeling is really familiar to you, read the book and find the keys to overcome this tough period.
- All Work, No Pay: Finding an Internship, Building Your Resume, Making Connections, and Gaining Job Experience. Many students undervalue internships or do not put much value into this experience. Read this book to get to know how internships can actually benefit you and open new ways to future job prospects.
- Networking for People Who Hate Networking: A Field Guide for Introverts, the Overwhelmed, and the Underconnected. Many people are too shy to build new connections and be more involved in expanding networks. However, networking is actually beneficial as it opens you new opportunities and brings more chances for the realization of your abilities and talents.
- Career Change: Stop hating your job, discover what you really want to do with your life, and start doing it! If you can’t stand your current workplace and what you do in general, read this book and find out what is the reason for that hatred and dissatisfaction. With the help of tips provided, you will know how to cope with stress in the workplace and how to change your attitude to work.
- Knock ’em Dead Secrets & Strategies for First-Time Job Seekers. The book is great for beginners in the area of job hunting.