How to Create a Good Research Proposal
A research proposal is one of the common tasks assigned in many colleges and universities. It is aimed at outlining a plan of the future study. Indeed, it helps students search and analyze the main points that will be helpful for writing the future assignment – a capstone project, thesis or dissertation.
If you do not have any idea of how to write a research proposal, feel free to follow the simple rules presented in this article. We assure you that it will become your helpful manual and source of inspiration. Research proposal writing facilitates preparation to writing a thesis or dissertation. Usually, a research proposal serves as a simple plan for the future study.
Writing a research proposal is a complex and time-consuming process. Therefore, try to cooperate with your professor to make everything properly. Usually, the professor suggests a list of topics to make a choice of. However, if you have any interesting idea, feel free to share it with your instructor and ask them for feedback. We assure you that they expect to see a truly professional and creative approach.
Main Points to Consider When Writing a Research Proposal
- Before starting the writing process, be sure to meet your instructor and discuss your topic and the key points that will be discussed in your paper. They will help you choose the best one out of the vast majority of research proposal topics. Also, be sure to determine the deadline for the project as well as many other important aspects.
- When the topic is chosen, feel free to make some notes. They should be organized in a simple outline that will facilitate the writing process. Feel free to write down any idea that comes to your mind. The brainstorming process implies working with your consciousness and analytical skills.
- Make a folder where all notes and materials necessary for writing the paper will be gathered. We assure you that it will help you to organize your ideas in a logical order and avoid the rush.
- Work with sources. No matter the topic of your research paper proposal, you have to pick up a certain number of sources and work on them carefully. Your sources can be primary and secondary ones, but all of them should be relevant and peer-reviewed. Also, try to pick up the sources that will be closely related to your topic. Remember that all the materials should be cited properly in accordance with the required writing style.
- Be sure to stick to the latest academic standards. Avoid long descriptions and colloquial language. Plagiarism should also be your key concern since the plagiarized paper will never get a high grade. Once your research proposal is written, check it via effective plagiarism detection software to avoid even the unintentional instances of plagiarism.
- Do not use the irrelevant facts or unnecessary information. All the points of your paper should be organized in a logical manner to make your key ideas easy-to-follow.
- Proofread your paper carefully. The examiner will take into consideration both the content and your writing skills. Therefore, if you want to get the highest grade, feel free to check your paper for grammar, punctuation, word choice and the sentence structure.
A good research proposal should include many parts. Choose some from the following list and discuss them with your professor:
- A glossary of the terms used;
- A timeline;
- A table of contents;
- Basics of the research plan;
- Description of the key idea;
- Background information on the topic;
- The key objectives and expected outcomes.
Avoid the Common Mistakes
- Wordiness is a huge mistake in writing research proposals. Thus, try to make your ideas as short and informative as possible;
- Concentration on the unnecessary details and omitting the important points;
- Using the persuasive tone. The main purpose of a research proposal is not to persuade your audience to the certain viewpoint, but to present the information in the best possible way.
- Bad language skills.
If you experience any problems with research proposal writing, feel free to rely on WritingsCentre.com – the most professional service in the industry of academic writing. Our writers have many years of experience and can cope with the most complex topics!